Come to join us at our Ballroom and Latin Social Dance Practice Parties every 2nd and last Sunday of the month at 6:30 PM. Great evening for beginner and experienced dancers. Come to have fun, dance to the great music and get together with friends or meet new friends! $10 per person at the door. Also includes a complimentary group lesson for all levels. Detailed schedule and info: http://www.dancewithusottawa.com/dwuo-social-dance-parties/
Our Group Classes and Private Dance Lessons
All our classes are taught by qualified experienced dance professionals. The emphasis is on the enjoyment of learning about dance in a welcoming environment.
Group Class Levels
- Level I Beginner
- Level II Beginner
- Level III Beginner
Beginner Level 1
This dance class are for students with no or little previous dance experience who want to learn how to feel comfortable on the dance floor. Group ballroom dance lessons are a great and inexpensive way to get started on improving your dancing skills!
Beginner Level 2 & 3
This class is a continuation of Level 1 and 2, and for students who have already learned the basic principles and are ready to work at a faster pace. Open to anyone with a dance experience.
Intermediate Level and Technique Classes
For students who have attended Level 3 classes for at least one year or have had previous dance training — these classes are challenging and require good technical knowledge.
Our one-on-one lessons give you a unique experience and the benefit of individual attention from an instructor. You choose the dance(s) you want to learn and we tailor the lessons to suit your needs and interests. Our teachers are well-versed in a wide variety of dances. Our private lessons are available most days and times. Please contact us to reserve your spot.
Discover our famous Salsa and Bachata dance classes with our professional dance instructors Alex and Ramon Juan. They are also available to teach you individually. Please click here for more information on private lessons or see below for detailed group classes schedule.
DANCE CLASSES SCHEDULE 2017:
Beginner Level 1 – no partner needed – 8 weeks sessions
- April 25 to June 13 at 7:00 PM – Swing/Jive (Tuesdays)
- May 14 to July 9 at 1:30 PM – American Style Viennese Waltz (Sundays) – no class on June 25
- May 31 to July 19 at 7:00 PM – Salsa (Wednesdays)
- June 17 to August 12 at 2:00 PM – Ladies Latin Solo Paso Doble/Flamenco (Saturdays)
- July 6 to August 24 at 7:00 PM – Salsa (Thursdays)
- July 9 to August 27 at 2:30 PM – Cha Cha Cha (Sundays)
Beginner Level 2 – 8 weeks sessions
- June 1 to July 20 at 7:00 PM – Salsa and Bachata (Thursdays)
- June 20 to August 8 at 7:00 PM – Swing (Tuesdays)
- July 16 to September 3 at 1:30 PM – Viennese Waltz (Sundays)
- July 26 to September 13 – Salsa and Bachata (Wednesdays)
Beginner Level 3 – 8 weeks sessions
- April 25 to June 13 at 8:00 PM – Quickstep (Tuesdays)
- April 26 to June 14 at 8:00 PM – Salsa and Bachata (Wednesdays)
- May 14 to July 2 at 2:30 PM – Rumba (Sundays) – no class on June 25
- May 29 to July 24 at 7:00 PM – Cha Cha Cha (Mondays)
Intermediate Salsa and Bachata Choreogrpahy – 8 weeks session
- April 26 to June 14 at 8:00 PM – (Wednesdays)
- June 21 to August 9 at 8:00 PM – (Wednesdays)
Intermediate Intl. Ballroom – designed for social & competitive dancers – partner is required – 8 weeks session
- March 15 to May 3 at 8:00 PM – International Tango (Wednesdays)
- May 17 to July 5 at 8:00 PM – International Foxtrot (Wednesdays)
Intermediate Latin Technique – designed for social or competitive single students and couples with experience in Latin, Ballroom or Salsa – Solo – no partner required – 8 weeks session
Coming up soon
$106.65 + HST for 8 weeks session
$18 per person drop-in class
$60 + HST for private lesson (single person or couple)
Dess code – Men
- Shirt with sleeves
- No shorts
- “Indoor” closed shoes with leather soles or dance shoes (no running shoes)
Dress code – Ladies
- Appropriate top
- No shorts
- “Indoor” shoes with leather soles or dance shoes (no running shoes)
Outdoor shoes are not permitted. Please bring indoor-only shoes or dance shoes. Running shoes or rubber soled shoes are not recommended as they make learning to dance more difficult. Dance shoes are available to purchase at the studio if you do not have leather soled shoes to dance in. If you are interested in purchasing dance shoes before your class, please contact us or speak to someone at the front desk.