Come to join us at our Ballroom and Latin Social Dance Practice Parties every 2nd and last Sunday of the month at 6:30 PM. Great evening for beginner and experienced dancers. Come to have fun, dance to the great music and get together with friends or meet new friends! $10 per person at the door. Also includes a complimentary group lesson for all levels. Detailed schedule and info: http://www.dancewithusottawa.com/dwuo-social-dance-parties/
Our Group Classes and Private Dance Lessons
All our classes are taught by qualified experienced dance professionals. The emphasis is on the enjoyment of learning about dance in a welcoming environment.
Group Class Levels
- Level I Beginner
- Level II Beginner
- Level III Beginner
Beginner Level 1
This dance class are for students with no or little previous dance experience who want to learn how to feel comfortable on the dance floor. Group ballroom dance lessons are a great and inexpensive way to get started on improving your dancing skills!
Beginner Level 2 & 3
This class is a continuation of Level 1 and 2, and for students who have already learned the basic principles and are ready to work at a faster pace. Open to anyone with a dance experience.
Intermediate Level and Technique Classes
For students who have attended Level 3 classes for at least one year or have had previous dance training — these classes are challenging and require good technical knowledge.
Our one-on-one lessons give you a unique experience and the benefit of individual attention from an instructor. You choose the dance(s) you want to learn and we tailor the lessons to suit your needs and interests. Our teachers are well-versed in a wide variety of dances. Our private lessons are available most days and times. Please contact us to reserve your spot.
Discover our famous Salsa and Bachata dance classes with our professional dance instructors Alex and Ramon Juan. They are also available to teach you individually. Please click here for more information on private lessons or see below for detailed group classes schedule.
DANCE CLASSES SCHEDULE:
Each session is 8 weeks long
Beginner Level 1
No partner required
- September 18 to November 13 at 7:00 PM – Beginner Tango (Mondays) – no class on Thanksgiving, October 9
- September 18 to November 13 at 8:00 PM – International Latin Technique (Mondays) – no class on Thanksgiving, October 9
- September 19 to November 7 at 8:00 PM – Foxtrot (Tuesdays)
- September 20 to November 8 at 7:00 PM – Salsa (Wednesdays)
- October 24 to December 12 at 7:00 PM – Bolero (Tuesdays)
- October 28 to December 16 at 2:30 PM – Ladies Latin Solo Rumba (Saturdays)
- November 12 to January 14 at 1:30 PM – Waltz (Sundays) – no class on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31
- November 15 to January 10 at 8:00 PM – Salsa (Wednesdays)
Beginner Level 2
Partner is required
- August 31 to October 19 at 7:00 PM – Salsa (Thursdays)
- September 17 to November 5 at 2:30 PM – Cha Cha Cha (Sundays)
- November 14 to January 9 at 8:00 PM – Foxtrot (Tuesdays) – no class on December 26
- November 15 to January 3 at 7:00 PM – Salsa (Wednesdays)
- November 20 to January 22 at 7:00 PM – Tango (Mondays) – no classes on December 25 and January 1
- December 19 to February 13 at 7:00 PM – Bolero (Tuesdays) – no class on December 26
Beginner Level 3
Partner is required in all classes, except Ladies Solo
- September 17 to November 5 at 1:30 PM – American Viennese Waltz (Sundays)
- September 20 to November 8 at 8:00 PM – Salsa and Bachata Choreography (Wednesdays)
- October 21 to December 9 at 1:30 PM – Ladies Latin Solo Paso Doble/Flamenco (Saturdays)
- October 26 to December 14 at 7:00 PM – Salsa (Thursdays)
- January 16 to March 6 at 8:00 PM – Foxtrot (Tuesdays)
- January 29 to March 29 at 7:00 PM – Tango (Mondays) – no class on Feb. 10, Family Day
- February 19 to April 3 at 7:00 PM – Rumba (Tuesdays)
Intermediate International Ballroom
Partner is required
Designed for social & competitive dancers.
- September 13 to November 1 at 8:00 PM – International Waltz (Wednesdays)
- November 8 to December 27 at 8:00 PM – International Viennese Waltz (Wednesdays)
$106.65 + HST for 8 weeks session
$18 per person drop-in class
$60 + HST for private lesson (single person or couple)
Dess code – Men
- Shirt with sleeves
- No shorts
- “Indoor” closed shoes with leather soles or dance shoes (no running shoes)
Dress code – Ladies
- Appropriate top
- No shorts
- “Indoor” shoes with leather soles or dance shoes (no running shoes)
Outdoor shoes are not permitted. Please bring indoor-only shoes or dance shoes. Running shoes or rubber soled shoes are not recommended as they make learning to dance more difficult. Dance shoes are available to purchase at the studio if you do not have leather soled shoes to dance in. If you are interested in purchasing dance shoes before your class, please contact us or speak to someone at the front desk.